What a Zoo! Caption Contest Winner Declared
It was a tough call, but we've come up with a winner for this photo from the Smithsonian’s National Zoo.
Update Thursday, Aug. 23: Winner declared!
Congratulations and thanks for the laugh!
During the Smithsonian's National Zoo Games 2012, this veteran shows the crowd sometimes you just have to "stick your neck out" for the gold.
We'll contact you to arrange to send your prize!
Before school starts up again, you may want to take advantage of one of Washington, DC's finest (and free) attractions—the Smithsonian’s National Zoo.
Visiting the orangutans, tigers, elephants and other members of the animal kingdom at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo is a perfect end-of-summer activity for the whole family—and did we mention it’s free?
One of the big attractions at the zoo is catching its residents in their environment and eavesdropping on their lives.
Sometimes animals do the strangest things!
The Smithsonian’s National Zoo held its National Zoo Games 2012 to coincide with the Olympics. If you're going through Olympics withdrawal you may want to check out the photos.
We're asking you to come up with a caption for what this animal is doing in the photo.
We'll post one per week, and the person with the most creative caption each week will win a Patch “swag kit”—complete with a tote bag, metal water bottle, magnet and pen.
Patch local editors will pick the winners. We’re a tough crowd … so make us laugh!
Don't forget to hit the "keep me posted" button below to stay updated on the caption contest! Keep up with all your local news with our newsletter—if you have a Patch account, click on your name, then on "newsletter" at the top right to sign up.
The fine print:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, write a caption and post as a comment.
- All entries must be received by Thursday of the next week at midnight Eastern time.
- You may enter up to five captions.
- Winners are selected at the discretion of Patch editors.
- A single weekly winner will win a Patch tote bag, water bottle, pen and magnet with a retail value of approximately $15. We may even throw in a t-shirt.
- See official rules attached as a PDF.