Christmas falls on Sunday this year so the options for dining locally aren't plentiful, but they are delicious. Bon appetit!
2. China East in North Potomac: Open from noon to 10 p.m. 14050 Travilah Rd. 301-309-6338.
3. Founding Farmers in Park Potomac: Brunch from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Lunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Dinner from 4-10 p.m. Regular menus for all service times. Reservation recommended. See website for additional information.
4. Jade Billows: Chinese cuisine served from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
5. Normandie Farm in Potomac: Annual Christmas buffet includes a raw bar with fresh oysters, clams, and salmon; Beef Stroganoff; Roast Steamship Round of Beef; and Quiche du Jour. Reservations are available from noon to 7:30 p.m. The buffet will remain open through 8:30 p.m. $40.00 adults; $15 children 12 and under. See website for details.
6. Old Angler's Inn in Potomac: Executive Chef Nick Palermo and his staff will create a sumptuous feast. Entrees include: Pan Roasted Peking Duck Breast served with Duck Confit, White Bean Ragu and Tomato Fondue; Caramelized Day Boat Scallops with Cauliflower Risotto, Roasted Cauliflower and Truffle; and Red Wine Braised Short Ribs Served with Pistachio-Potato Puree, Wild Mushrooms and Mirepoix. Prix fixe menu: $49.50. Reservations every half hour. Click here for Christmas Day menu.
8. Shanghai Cafe in Potomac: Open from 11 to 9:30 p.m.
If you know of additional local restaurants and eateries open on Christmas Day, tell us in the Comments section. Also, feel free to upload photos or video (click on Upload icon above) of your dining adventures. Will it be Chinese or a feast by a roaring fire or ...?