Seven Montgomery County artists will be among 250 of the nation’s finest artisans exhibiting in Gaithersburg, MD, for the Sugarloaf Crafts Festival on Friday, Oct. 12, through Sunday, Oct. 14. The award-winning festival at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds will showcase fine contemporary crafts and affordable art that captures the atmosphere of fall and the upcoming holiday season.
The jury-selected artists will personally show and sell their latest work in ceramics and pottery, jewelry, glass, leather, wood, metal, fashion, photography, fiber and fine art. Whether they’re looking to add artistry to the home, garden or wardrobe, shoppers at the Sugarloaf Crafts Festival will leave with unique works of art for themselves or the people on their early holiday gift list.
Here is a list of the Montgomery County artists you’ll see at the festival next week:
- Behind Blue Eyes, LLC, Denise Karbassi: http://www.sugarloafcrafts.com/karbassi.html
- Nature’s Creations, Dennis Ray: http://www.leafpin.com/index.htm
- SDJ Designs, Robin Markowitz: http://www.sdjdesigns.com/
- Courtney Gillen Jewelry: http://www.courtneygillen.com/Site/home.html
- “Recycled” CD Art, Janeil Stewart: http://recycledcdart.com/index.html
- Cindy Calahan Jewelry
- Olde Tradition Spice, Inc., Richard Denchfield: http://www.oldetraditionspice.com/
The Sugarloaf Crafts Festival will be held on Friday, Oct. 12, and Saturday, Oct. 13, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and on Sunday, Oct. 14, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds (16 Chestnut St., Gaithersburg, MD 20877).
Adult admission is $8 when purchased online and $10 at the door. The festival is free for children under age 12. Admission is good for all three days of the Festival. Free parking is available on site.
For more information, including driving directions and admission discounts, go to www.sugarloafcrafts.com or call 800-210-9900.