This week for Patch Picks, we took a look at five local boutiques. Whether you're looking for clothes, gifts or accessories, you can find it without traveling too far and support your local entrepreneurs at the same time.
1. : This Kentlands boutique offers the latest fashion in casual wear and accessories. They sell many of the brands you would find at department in a department store, like Citizens of Humanity, Joe's Jeans, BCBG, Nicole Miller and Nanette Lepore, and have frequent seasonal sales.
2. Artisans Gallery and Gifts: Packed with merchandise, this store is truly the best local bet when you are in need of a gift or home accessorie. From bags to jewelry to dishes to decorations, this Potomac Valley store has something for most occassions.
3. 525: This new Kentlands boutique offers a mix of high-end women's brands such as Leifsdottir, C&C California, Uggs and BB Dakota. Previously only an online business, they moved into this space in early January.
4. : Find clothes and accessories for you and your horse at this unique boutique in Darnestown. In addition to the basic horse rider equipment, you'll also find a selection of horse themed gifts and jewelry.
5. South Moon Under: This local chain has a huge selection of high-end casual and sophisticated clothing, outerwear, accessories, shoes for both men and women. In the Washingtonian store you'll find everything from Converse to Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs to Velvet. If you're heading out on spring break soon, check out there variety of swimwear.