Two firefighters were injured while battling a house fire in Dickerson on Saturday, Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service said.
Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service spokesman Scott Graham told The Gazette that the fire completely destroyed the home, leaving its two residents displaced.
Fire officials said in a statement that the firefighters' injuries were considered non-life threatening. One fireman suffered second-degree burns on his hand; the other firefighter was “mildly shocked” when an eclectic line touched the home’s aluminum siding.
The residents were not injured, according to the statement.
At around 3:30 a.m., rescuers responded to reports of a house fire in the 19700 block of Mouth of Monacacy Road. Residents said they were awakened by smoke from a wall around a stovepipe but were unable to douse the fire, according to the statement.
The blaze was deemed accidental, originating in or around a wood stove.