It's graduation day for and families. That means getting the family in the car, into D.C. and in a nice position to get plenty of photos of your graduate.
But we know a lot of logistics are involved to make that happen. We're here to help.
DAR Constitution Hall 1776 D Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
Quince Orchard seniors go first. Seniors must be at DAR to line up no later than 9:15 a.m. The ceremony begins at 10 a.m.
Wootton seniors arrive later that afternoon. The Wootton High School graduation ceremony begins at 2:30 p.m.
Where to park:
- Parking garage on 19th street, between E and F street; Cost: $14 - 18
- Parking garage on 18th street, between F and G street; Cost: $17 - 18
- Parking garage on G street, between 18th and 19th street; Cost: $18
- Parking garage on Pennsylvania Ave., between 17th and 18th street; Cost: 18
- Parking garage on H street, between 18th and 19th street; Cost: $18
What to expect:
In addition to student speakers and the handing out of diplomas, two notable individuals will deliver official commencement addresses to the classes of 2011.
- , Wootton alumnus an frontman of the band OAR, will deliver the graduation address.
- will deliver the commencement speech.
Can't make it person?
If you can't make it to ceremony in person, the ceremonies will be broadcasted live on the DAR website. This is also a great way for out of town relatives to "attend" the ceremony, too.
What to do with your photos?
Share them with Patch! We will compile a photo gallery of graduation pictures. To have your photos included, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.