Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
· Where: MCPS Board of Education, 850 Hungerford Drive, Rockville
· When: Friday, Aug. 16 – Sunday, Aug. 18, 4:30 p.m.
· Description: The 17th Annual Comcast Outdoor Film Festival will include music, food, family games and amusements beginning at 5:30, movies begin at 8:30 p.m. Friday’s movie: Oz: The Great and Powerful, Saturday: Skyfall and Sunday’s movie is The Amazing Spiderman.
· Cost: Free
· Where: 17920 Brooke Road, Sandy Spring
· When: Saturday, Aug. 17, 1 p.m.
· Description: Join My Kids Ride, Inc . and a host of community sponsors for the 2nd Annual My Kids Safe Community Day. Free Safety Inspections, Child ID Fingerprint Kits, Self Defense Demonstrations, Firehouse Tours and tons of useful giveaways for Back to School & all the other activities that come with it.
· Cost: Free
· Where: 31 S. Summit Ave, Gaithersburg
· When: Saturday, Aug. 17, 6 p.m.
· Description: Contemporary folk tunesmith Steven Gellman performs. Music lovers are invited to enjoy a free, outdoor concert of Steven's original music and summer-fun cover tunes, bring a picnic, blankets, lawn chairs, friends & family - furry friends are welcome as well.
· Cost: Free
· Where: Rockville Rooftop Live
· When: 155 Gibbs Street, 6th Floor, Rockville
· Description: Crabs on the rooftop of VisArts’. Music, feasting and instruction on how to make a crab shell into a one-of-a-kind ornament. Register here http://www.visartsatrockville.org/crab-feast/event/2524-rooftop-crab-feast
· Cost: $80
· Where: Lincoln Park Community Center, 357 Frederick Ave, Rockville
· When: Sunday, Aug. 18, 10 a.m.
· Description: 10.6-mile loop around Rockville. Rockville’s Bicycle Advisory Committee (RBAC) hosts guided bike ride for all ages. Rockville’s Millennium Trail is named in honor of the late Carl Henn, an environmental activist in Rockville who initiated RBAC to promote cycling in the Rockville community. Rain at start cancels the ride; wet pavement does not. Ride starts at Lincoln Park Community Center, 357 Frederick Ave.
· Cost: Free
· Where: Sunday, Aug. 18, 10:30 a.m.
· When: 225 N. Washington Street, Rockville
· Description: Tour of Elk Run and Black Ankle Vineyards. Trip includes transportation, a tasting and a tour at each vineyard as well as a boxed lunch.
· Cost: $50 per person, $50 for groups of 4 or more. Call or visit website for reservations 240-428-1386 / www.DawsonsMarket.com.
· Where: Black Hill Visitor Center, 20926 Lake Ridge Dr., Boyds
· When: Saturday, Aug. 17, 11 a.m.
· Description: Visitors are invited to learn all about the life that lives in a stream. Everyone should wear boots or closed-toe shoes that they don’t mind getting wet. Great for ages 2-12.
· Cost: $6
· Where: 2116 Renard Court, Annapolis
· When: Sunday, Aug. 18, 1 p.m.
· Description: Guests will be encouraged to tour the warehouse and meet with top wedding vendors including renowned Wedding & Event Designer of Intrigue Design and Decor, Sarah Campbell. Sarah will transform the most popular Pinterest Pins into elaborate floral displays and clever wedding vignettes. Designs will feature everything from bridal bouquets and boutonnieres to suspended floral chandeliers, Modern floral art, Eco-Friendly floral displays and Vintage inspired décor.
To submit an event in the Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
Check back next week for more upcoming weekend events.
Comments: Do you know of any other fun events going on around town this weekend?
What are your family’s plans for the weekend?
Know of any other fun events going on this weekend? Please share the details here in the comments!