Potomac Horse Center
Located on a scenic wooded lot off of Quince Orchard Road, the 60-acre Potomac Horse Center has operated as a competitive equestrian center since the late 1950s. A public facility leased from the Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission, PHC offers lessons, birthday pony parties, individual pony rides, trail ridings classes, a summer camp and boarding for horses. For more information visit the Web site or call.
- Hours: Variable lesson hours (call PHC for details) Summer Camp (June - August): Mon - Fri, 9am-4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Certified therapeutic rides for children and adults with a wide range of disabilities (physical, social and emotional). For more details visit the PHC website or call.
- Founding Date: Jun 01 1959
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check
- Discounts: Volume/season
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Any tips for beginning riders?: Follow the directions of an instructor, and be mindful and respectful of the horses.
- Number of horses: 50
- Horse breeds: Thoroughbreds, quarter horses and mixed breeds
- Number of instructors/guides: 7
- Ride lengths: Half hour or hour
- Ride facilities: Jump course, Ring, Trail
- Services: Group rides, Horse shows, Lessons, Pony rides
- Discipline clinics for: Dressage, Jumping
- Levels: Advanced, Beginner, Intermediate
- Equestrian shop: No