St. Nicholas Episcopal Church
For nearly 14 years, St. Nicholas Episcopal Church held services in borrowed spaces around town before moving into its own church building in May 2009. With 13 acres of land and its central Darnestown location, St. Nicholas is looking to become not only a welcoming church community but also a place for the larger Darnestown community to come together for events.
The church offers several adult programs throughout the week including book study, discussion groups, and Bible study. Following a service on Sundays, the church hosts a discussion group called "Bible and the Sunday paper," about the intersection of faith and current events.
This church's motto is "a place to belong, a place to become," and the church promotes itself as having no prerequisites necessary for attending but rather a place where people are challenged to be the best they can be.
The church is actively involved in community outreach through service projects and mission trips. The congregation has a partnership with an orphanage and vocational training center in Honduras called El Hoger.
- Fax: 240-631-0136
- Hours: Services - Sun: 10am & 5pm, Wed: 7:00pm. Sunday school & Christian education for all ages after 10am service. Note: there is no children’s formation during the summer.Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/saintnicks
- Handicap Accessible: One level
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founding Date: Sep 01 1995
- What makes this community special?: "We say you're loved from the very beginning, we're inviting you to be who you are with us and us with you and with God. We invite people to come be accepted for who you are and be challenged to be who you are being called to be," said Fr. Ken.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Episcopal
- Congregation size: 300
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No